DMT is seeking a talented Database Administrator to join our team. You will be responsible for contributing to the design, development and maintenance of quality database solutions within our eDrive application platform.
The position involves...
- Design and implementation of reliable, high performance databases
- General database tuning and maintenance (Indexes, statistics, refactoring store procedures)
- Monitoring and reporting database load and query performance
- Creation of detailed design documentation and diagrams
- Diligent unit testing and debugging application components as necessary
- Collaborating and communicating effectively within a multi-disciplinary team
- Applying foresight to look beyond immediate requirements for future extensibility
- Researching industry best practices and making recommendations
Our ideal candidate...
- Have a University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science
- Have 2+ years of DBA experience including database normalization and SQL
- Demonstrate a passion for continuous learning and improvement
- Have the ability to code/design established standards and methodologies
- Have strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Have experience in various tools and technologies including, .Net, Visual Studio, XML, Web Services and SQL Server (Profiler, Integration Services, Reporting Services and Dynamic Management Views)
- Have experience with Data Warehousing (SQL Server Analysis Services) - an asset
- Have experience with version control tools such as CVS or Subversion