DMT is seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Operations Analyst to join our team. This individual will work alongside the System Operations team at our head office and reports directly to the Manager, Systems Operations and Security. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning, administration, maintenance, and design of DMT’s Production Server Farm and internal network environments.
The position involves…
- Leads in the administration and maintenance of DMT’s Production Server Farm, plus internal network environments to ensure effective and efficient performance
- Provides direct operational leadership and support across all areas of the systems infrastructure including Hyper-V 2012 virtualization, Brocade/Cisco network, Cisco firewall, network security, SAN storage, asset and configuration management and servers running 2008/2012, Active Directory and Exchange 2013/Office 365
- Manages medium to large sized projects according to budgets and schedules
- Work with the Systems Operations team and Delivery Services team to manage database environments, monitor web application/network performance, trouble-shoot problems that lead to efficiency improvements
- Leads and participates in the impact assessment, business case preparation and selection of tools and devices that will improve our ability to effectively maintain, monitor and troubleshoot our infrastructure. Work with affected areas to ensure the proper review/communication of requirements and integration
- Handle escalated technical support calls when required and to respond to any after-hours technical support paging service that DMT may have in effect at any given time
- Mentoring other technicians on support issues and projects to help strengthen the support team
- Produce quality and written user and technical documentation on all aspects of DMT’s network and computer systems infrastructure and processes
- Professionally review and respond to emails and phone calls regarding technical support issues raised by DMT clients and DMT staff
- Use due diligence and careful planning to minimize errors in the configuration, operation and maintenance of all DMT networks and computer systems
Our ideal candidate…
- 7-10 years of experience in a Sr. System Operations and/or Sr. Network Administrator role.
- Information Technology Degree or Diploma, and have relevant industry certifications such as MCSE, CCNP or other industry related certifications
- A deep understanding of DNS, both in AD and with public domains
- Must have hands-on expertise with virtualized server farm management and storage area network (SAN), including planning, design, and implementation within an intermediate to large-scale network
- A deep understanding of firewall, TCP/IP, switches, VLAN, routing and related security
- Experience trouble-shooting application software issues such as memory utilization, CPU utilization, web logs, smtp transaction flow, etc.
- Excellent experience with servers running Windows 2008/2012, Active Directory and Exchange 2013/Office 365, Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Willing and available for on-call (after hours) rotation, some weekend work for maintenance and understands the obligations of participating on a team that provides multi time-zone support
- Must have strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Able to work well in a fast-paced, growth environment
DMT Development Systems Group is an automotive solutions provider for numerous OEM and dealer clients in North America and Europe. DMT produces information technology systems that embrace the full spectrum of the automotive acquisition cycle. Our systems feature full vertical integration from OEM to the dealer with lateral integration spanning media websites, analytical tools, dealer reward tools, and press fleet management systems.
Are you ready for the challenge...then forward your resume to email@example.com or visit our website at www.dmt.ca