Quality Assurance Analyst
DMT is seeking an experienced and energetic Quality Assurance Analyst to join our team. Reporting to the Manager, QA & BPM, you will be responsible for verifying applications and/or data. The Quality Assurance Analyst will effectively use a heuristic approach to achieve optimal quality and reduce risk, given time constraints and other limitations. Excellent analytical, communication and documentation skills are critical to this position.
The position involves…
- Performing software testing, data validation and release management, and developing QA processes utilizing the Software Life Cycle and best practices.
- Ensuring ongoing validity and quality of data received from external suppliers on a routine basis
- Setting up and managing formal test processes to ensure user requirements for internal software applications are met
- Defining test plans and test cases
- Planning and executing software testing scripts
- Coordinating and executing functional and acceptance tests in accordance with test standards, guidelines, plans and cases
- Documenting defects uncovered and communicating findings to the development team
- Suggesting ways to improve the general usability of the application
Our ideal candidate will have…
- Strong communication and documentation skills and attention to detail
- The ability to categorize and prioritize defects and coverage to balance completion time and quality risk
- The ability to learn and understand project functional requirements and logic
- Knowledge of various formal testing methodologies including scripting
- The ability to both plan and conduct tests to ensure quality of work items
- Strong time management skills in order to meet respective deadlines
- 2+ years’ experience with a University Degree or College Diploma
Since 1996, DMT continues to grow and exceed sales projections year-after-year. Situated on campus at the University of Manitoba, DMT is a recognized leader in software solutions arena for automotive manufacturers and dealers. By combining IT expertise with automotive industry knowledge, DMT offers innovative solutions for OEMs and their dealer networks. We promote continuous improvement in our staff, processes, technological skills and foster career growth throughout.
Please forward your confidential resume to:
DMT Development System Group Inc.
C/O Human Resources
University of Manitoba Campus
500-One Research Road
R3T 6E3 Canada
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org